Friday, October 16, 2009

A Clarification!

One of my faithful readers brought up something that I felt I needed to share with the rest of my faithful readers.
It seems that when attempting to cook our Perfect Steak, that the steak they had cooked didn't come out, well, perfect.
I would like to clarify that that particular recipe and technique works for steaks of a thicker cut. The thinner your cut of meat, the less time it will take to cook. If your meat is very thin, you may even be able to skip the "finish in the oven" step altogether and just stick to grilling and/or pan searing.
The real key is to pay attention to your food. If your steak starts to resemble shoe leather in appearance and in taste - you overcooked it. If your steak looks juicy and tender, it's just right!
Best of luck fellow steak-cookers!

1 comments:

Svenn

Now she tells us ...My boots needed re-soleing anyways :)

New Jersey Fresh - Downhome Jersey Cookin'   © 2008. Distributed by Blogger Templates. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP