Friday, October 9, 2009

Perfect Mashed Potatoes


Makes about 4 side servings
4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
4 tbsp butter
1 tsp each salt & pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup milk

In a pot, cover the potatoes with cold water. Cover the pot and bring the potatoes to a boil over medium heat and boil until the potatoes are tender and are easily pierced with a fork.
Drain the potatoes and immediately return them to the pot and put the lid back on. Let the potatoes steam for about 5 minutes.
Mash the potatoes with the butter, sour cream, milk, salt, pepper and garlic powder until smooth and fluffy.
Serve hot with more butter or your choice of gravy.

*Mashed potatoes to me is such a soul food. It warms you from the inside out. These mashed potatoes are so good, they really don't need gravy. I usually just put a little more butter over the top and let it slowly melt. You want to make sure not to over-mash your potatoes, otherwise they get sort of tough and gluey. If you have a potato ricer, even better. A ricer makes potatoes fluffy and assures you will have not one lump. What is a ricer? Well, it looks like this:
If you don't have one, that's ok, a regular potato masher will do the trick. Enjoy!

I, even I, am the LORD, and apart from me there is no savior. I have revealed and saved and proclaimed— I, and not some foreign god among you. You are my witnesses," declares the LORD, "that I am God. Isaiah 43:11-12

0 comments:

New Jersey Fresh - Downhome Jersey Cookin'   © 2008. Distributed by Blogger Templates. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP