Saturday, October 10, 2009

Baby Meatloaves


Makes six little loaves
2 lbs ground beef
1 egg
1/2 cup Bisquik
1 tsp each salt & pepper
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
Approx. 1/2 cup BBQ sauce

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Mix together all of the ingredients in a bowl, but only use 1/4 cup of BBQ sauce, reserving the other 1/4 cup for the topping. Mix until well combined. In a 13x9 inch glass baking dish, spray with non-stick spray and turn out the meatloaf mixture into the dish. Form into a loaf shape, then cut into 6 equal portions. Give them each enough space in the dish, about 1-inch apart. Brush the tops with the remaining BBQ sauce.
Bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until meat is no longer pink in the middle.

*Ah, meatloaf. The bane of my mother's existence. Growing up, my mom never made a good meatloaf - which she will admit to this day. She tried dozens of recipes from friends, colleagues, relatives, and just could not deliver a good meatloaf. One day, my brother and I both implored of her, "Mom, can you just not make meatloaf anymore?" She agreed. When I got married, I set out to prove that a good meatloaf could be made. I didn't want to be the wife who couldn't make meatloaf. And well folks, here it is. This is my meatloaf, and it's delicious. The trick is that the meatloaf doesn't cook in a loaf, but rather in "baby" loaves so it cooks quicker and doesn't get as greasy. For special occasions, I amp it up a little by adding some crispy bacon or pancetta right into the mixture. Try this recipe, and I hope it becomes part of your family tradition.

Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers. Galatians 6:10

1 comments:

Svenn

I heart meatloaf.

I think 2lbs ground beef would be enough to make me one "mini-meatloaf" though, seriously meat in loaf form- can life get better?

New Jersey Fresh - Downhome Jersey Cookin'   © 2008. Distributed by Blogger Templates. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP