Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Ginger Balsamic Marinated Chicken


4-6 boneless chicken thighs
Juice of 1 lemon
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp chili flakes
2 garlic cloves
1 tsp fresh ginger, diced small
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup olive oil

In a blender with the motor running, pour in (in this order): balsamic vinegar, chili flakes, garlic, ginger, salt, pepper, sugar, and lemon juice. Scrape down the sides to make sure everything is well incorporated.
Turn the motor back on and slowly pour in the olive oil to create an emulsion.
In a large zip-top bag, pour the marinade over the chicken. Squeeze out all the air and marinate in the fridge for at least 2 hours. Cook the chicken on a grill or in a 375 degree oven, until it is no longer pink and juices run clear. Heat the marinade in a saucepan and bring to a boil to kill the bacteria. Use as extra dipping sauce.

*I bought some fresh ginger at the market the other day, and had no idea what to do with it! I found this recipe and put my own twist on it. It is so flavorful. The balsamic vinegar is sweet and thick, and the ginger gives it a nice tang. I even put some extra slices of the ginger in the bag with the marinade, which made it extra special. This marinade would also work with pork and beef, if you are so inclined. Yet another reason to keep it NJ Fresh!

O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water. Psalm 63:1

1 comments:

Svenn

Do you think it would work with fish? I have a whole freezer full and am running out of ways to cook it!

New Jersey Fresh - Downhome Jersey Cookin'   © 2008. Distributed by Blogger Templates. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP