Thursday, September 10, 2009

Spicy BBQ Bacon Chicken Melts


This recipe is for 2 sandwiches
2 boneless chicken breasts, pounded to about 1/2 inch thickness
1 cup spicy BBQ sauce
1 tsp hot sauce (I used "Bone Suckin' Sauce")
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
8 strips bacon, cooked
About 4 slices of Velveeta cheese, or other "melty" cheese
2 Rolls, or 4 slices sourdough bread

Season the chicken breasts on both sides with salt & pepper.
In a bowl, mix together the BBQ sauce, hot sauce, and Worcestershire sauce until combined. Set aside.
In a pan, spray with non-stick spray and cook the chicken on both sides, basting with the BBQ mixture until the chicken is no longer pink in the middle (about 4-5 minutes per side). Be sure to get a nice thick layer of sauce on both sides of the chicken.
Put a layer of cheese on the bottom half of the roll or bread. Once the chicken is done, place 1 chicken breast on each roll. Top with 4 slices of bacon (and more cheese if you like). Let the sandwiches sit for a minute to let the cheese melt.
Enjoy!

*This recipe came to me on a day that I was standing in the middle of my kitchen going, "What on EARTH am I going to make for dinner?" I had taken out chicken, and I never know what to make with chicken. So I'm looking through the fridge and I saw the bacon. "Yes!" I thought to myself. "Ok, now what to make with bacon AND chicken?" So the wheels started turning, and I remembered that Evan likes to get the Bacon Chicken Melt at Perkins sometimes. So, I decided to do my own twist on that and ramp it up with some spicy BBQ sauce. It was a hit! I served it with some creamy Mac & Cheese, and a pickle. Yum. And as we know, everything is better with bacon!

The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are good, your whole body will be full of light. Matthew 6:22

1 comments:

Svenn

"And as we know, everything is better with bacon!"

It was true yesterday, is true today, and will still be true tomorrow!

New Jersey Fresh - Downhome Jersey Cookin'   © 2008. Distributed by Blogger Templates. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP