Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Garlic Roasted Asparagus


1 large bunch asparagus
1 large garlic clove, minced
Olive oil
Salt & pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Trim off the woody bottom ends of the asparagus.
Spread the asparagus out on a sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil, just enough to coat. Season with salt and pepper and the minced garlic. Toss the asparagus to get everything well combined.
Roast the asparagus in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Serve immediately.

*Roasted asparagus is an elegant side dish that you don't have to spend much time and effort on. It even goes great with the balsamic glaze we made yesterday! I usually serve this side dish around the holidays and it is always a hit. The trick is to get pretty thick asparagus, otherwise, it will shrivel up and you will be left with crispy asparagus straws, which is not good.

The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him. Exodus 15:2

1 comments:

Svenn

Spargel is the German word for Asparagus.
Either way, it's not for me:)

New Jersey Fresh - Downhome Jersey Cookin'   © 2008. Distributed by Blogger Templates. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP