Monday, September 21, 2009

Shepherd's Pie


1 lb ground beef (or ground turkey)
1 pkg brown gravy mix
1 small can tomato sauce
1/4 cup water
1 10 oz pkg frozen mixed vegetables
2 cups mashed potatoes
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Brown the beef in a large pan. Drain and put back in the pan. Into the beef, add the gravy mix, tomato sauce, water and vegetables. Bring to a boil. Pour into a greased 1 1/2 quart casserole dish. Top with prepared mashed potatoes. Sprinkle cheese all over the top.
Bake for 30 minutes.
Serve immediately with applesauce and biscuits.

*This is another one of my favorite childhood recipes. My favorite part was the cheesy crust on top of the mashed potatoes. It's just such a heart-warming dish and it fills the house with a wonderful aroma. It really takes me back every time I make it. And I usually make a lot, so that we have lots of leftovers!

May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all. 2 Corinthians 13:14

2 comments:

Svenn

We make something similar to this, but use a layer of tater-tots instead. A little twist on the same basic concept, both delicious in my opinion.

Unknown

Hey! Did I give you permission to post my recipe????
It's OK! Love, Mom

New Jersey Fresh - Downhome Jersey Cookin'   © 2008. Distributed by Blogger Templates. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP