Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Twice Baked Potatoes


This recipe is for two baked potatoes, but you can multiply it for however many you need.
2 Russet Potatoes
1/4 cup sour cream
2 tbsp butter
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 tsp garlic powder
3 bacon strips, diced
Salt & pepper

Poke holes in the top of the potatoes with a fork. Bake the potatoes on a baking sheet at 350 degrees for about 1 hour, or until a toothpick is easily inserted into the flesh.
Meanwhile, fry the bacon in a frying pan until cripsy, drain on a paper towel and set aside.
Remove the potatoes from the oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut them in half lengthwise, and scoop out the flesh into a bowl. Combine the remaining ingredients in the bowl and mix until smooth and well combined. Place the mixture back into the potato skins and put back in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and potatoes are golden brown and delicious.
(Makes 4 halves)

*I absolutely LOVE twice baked potatoes. It's basically like having mashed potatoes with the volume turned up. I load up the potatoes with anything I can find: cheese, bacon, spinach, more cheese, butter. You name it. I hadn't made them in a really long time and I forgot how much I love them. They are good year-round, but especially in the winter because they are just so heart warming. Try them out for yourself!

That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:10

1 comments:

Svenn

I too am a fan of twice baked potatoes, and will be giving this recipe a try. Keep up the good work.

New Jersey Fresh - Downhome Jersey Cookin'   © 2008. Distributed by Blogger Templates. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP