Wednesday, August 5, 2009

BBQ Chicken Quesadillas


Remember that shredded BBQ chicken we made a few days back? These quesadillas use the leftovers!
(Makes one quesadilla - enough for one to two people)
2 large flour tortillas
1/2 cup of shredded BBQ chicken
1 tbsp olive oil
2 or 3 slices of red bell pepper, diced
2 or 3 slices of Spanish onion, diced
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup cheddar cheese

In a large pan, heat the olive oil and saute the peppers and onion until they just start to get soft. Turn off the heat and set aside.
Sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top of one of the tortillas. Spread the shredded chicken evenly over the cheese. Spread the peppers and onions evenly over the chicken and cheese. Sprinkle the mozzarella on top of that and place the other tortilla on top like a sandwich.
In the same pan that you sauteed the peppers and onions, spray with cooking spray, and over low heat, carefully place the quesadilla in the pan. Cover with a lid, and cook for about 3 minutes per side, or until cheese is melted and tortilla is golden brown and crispy.

*I came up with this dish on a night when I was on my own for dinner. I didn't know what to make, and so I opened the fridge and saw the tortillas and the leftover shredded chicken. Aha! BBQ Chicken quesadillas. Then I saw the peppers and onions I had leftover from when I made the salsa and decided to throw those in also. I like my quesadillas REALLY cheesy, so feel free to throw more cheese in there. Don't like chicken, or don't have any? Skip it! Quesadillas are so versatile you can include just about anything you want. Like a little spice? Chop up a jalepeno with the pepper and onion. Be creative with this dish - you really can't go wrong.

Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life. Proverbs 4:23

0 comments:

New Jersey Fresh - Downhome Jersey Cookin'   © 2008. Distributed by Blogger Templates. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP