Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Banana Bread


3 ripe bananas, mashed
2 cups AP flour
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 stick butter, softened
1/4 cup chunky peanut butter
3/4 cup chocolate chips, tossed with 1 tbsp flour

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Cream the butter and the sugar in a large bowl, or stand mixer until light and fluffy. Mix in the flour, baking soda, salt and bananas. Mix to combine. Drop in the eggs one at a time and mix until incorporated into the batter. Pour in the milk and mix to combine. Lastly, add the peanut butter and the chocolate chips and mix just until combined.
Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan and bake for about 1 hour, or until toothpick comes out clean.

*I always buy bananas to eat with breakfast or lunch, but I never make it through a whole bunch without them getting overripe on me. Banana bread is a great way to use overripe bananas. That great banana flavor comes through, and the bread is great for breakfast, or dessert! I often make two loaves, and freeze the other one to be eaten later, or give away as a gift. Properly stored in the fridge, this bread will last up to two weeks. The peanut butter in this recipe gives the bread an unexpected flavor that brings me back to the days of eating peanut butter and banana sandwiches for a snack! If you have a peanut allergy, you can just leave the peanut butter out - it will be just as good.

I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. John 16:33

1 comments:

Svenn

kyjfsadhjbvafliygajsbf.....
(I was going to type something inteligble, but I drooled all over my key board.)

New Jersey Fresh - Downhome Jersey Cookin'   © 2008. Distributed by Blogger Templates. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP