Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Honey Mustard Dressing/Sauce/Marinade


3 tbsp Dijon mustard
3 tbsp honey
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp marjoram
Pinch salt & pepper
About 1/2 cup olive oil

Whisk together ingredients in the order given, being sure to whisk in the olive oil slowly to form an emulsion. (What's an emulsion?)
Pour over salad greens, use as a dipping sauce for chicken (or turkey!), or as a marinade for almost any type of meat.

*This was one of those recipes that "just came to me." I'm sure there's hundreds, if not thousands of homemade honey mustard sauces out there, but this one hit me as I was yet again trying to figure out what to make with chicken. I decided to whip up this sauce and marinate the chicken in it, and then use the leftover sauce for dipping. NOTE: If you do this, don't forget to boil the sauce to ward off any bacteria from the raw chicken. This sauce is sweet and tangy, and I really liked it. I hope you will too!

But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. 1 Peter 2:9

0 comments:

New Jersey Fresh - Downhome Jersey Cookin'   © 2008. Distributed by Blogger Templates. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP