Thursday, November 12, 2009

Garlic Mashed Red Potatoes


4-5 red potatoes, cubed (not peeled!)
3 tbsp butter
1/4 cup sour cream
2 tsp garlic powder
Salt and pepper

In a pot, cover the potatoes with cold water. Put the lid on and bring to a boil. Boil until potatoes are easily pierced with a fork. Drain thoroughly and return to the pot. Add the butter, sour cream, garlic powder and salt & pepper. Mash with a potato masher. Taste before serving and add more garlic powder if you like it more garlicky.

*Mashed potatoes and Thanksgiving go together like peanut butter and jelly. I started making red potatoes instead of traditional russet potatoes because they come out creamier and since you leave the skin on, they have the added nutrition. If you're not a garlic fan, you can always leave it out. These potatoes need no gravy because they are so flavorful on their own, but what would mashed potatoes be without being smothered in wonderful gravy? (P.S. Stay tuned for the gravy recipe!)

The LORD is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. He is my God, and I will praise him, my father's God, and I will exalt him. Exodus 15:2

1 comments:

Unknown

Oma doesn't like these, because of the skin! I love them!

New Jersey Fresh - Downhome Jersey Cookin'   © 2008. Distributed by Blogger Templates. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP