Thursday, February 4, 2010

Pasta Weesie - NJ Fresh Style!


In case you don't know, Pasta Weesie is one of my favorite dishes from Carrabba's. I put my own twist on it here for you!

15-20 small shrimp, peeled and tails removed
10 porcini mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
1/2 cup frozen peas
1 garlic clove, minced
1 cup prepared alfredo sauce
1/2 lb cooked linguine
3 tbsp butter
Zest and juice of 1/2 a lemon
Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper

In a large saute pan, cook the mushrooms until soft. Remove from pan and set aside. In the same pan, partially cook the shrimp. Season with salt and pepper. Add the garlic, peas and cooked mushrooms to the pan. Saute for 2-3 minutes. Add the butter, zest and lemon juice. Cook until butter melts.
Add the alfredo sauce and the pasta. Stir to combine until noodles are completely coated in sauce. Season with more salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Serve hot.

*Oh. My. Goodness. Talk about delicious. This pasta dish is so creamy and good, you will not want to stop eating it. It is even good if you leave the shrimp out. You could substitute chicken if you really wanted to. I just love pasta dishes that include everything you need in one dish: meat, starch and vegetables. If this dish wasn't so rich, I would make it every week!

My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you. Psalm 63:5

0 comments:

New Jersey Fresh - Downhome Jersey Cookin'   © 2008. Distributed by Blogger Templates. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP